That sounds a bit harsh but it is the truth. Something I had not realised when my children were young but fortunately they came in contact with a marvellous mother-craft nurse who knew this and provided the environment my children needed when I worked. I cannot thank her enough.
Your child begins to learn from the moment of birth.
The first SIX YEARS determines the level of intelligence your child will attain. What you do to stimulate your child’s mind really matters.
YOU HAVE YOUR CHILD’S FUTURE IN YOUR HAND
- This is not as scary as it seems but it does take commitment and emotional maturity to accomplish.
- You will need to organise your life to spend consistent quality time with your child. Don’t panic as you look at how time poor you are due to the insatiable demands life has of your time.
- Quality time is not measured in hours but in the amount of attention you focus on your child without interruption.
- When you focus lovingly on your child you notice him or her as a unique person. The more you get to know your child the deeper the love you feel and the better the relationship.
- The type of relationship you establish with your child in the early years lasts a lifetime.
YOU ARE YOUR CHILD’S FIRST TEACHER AND YOU CAN MAKE SURE YOU ARE THEIR MOST INFLUENTIAL ONE.
- I know you care about your child’s physical and emotional well-being. Most parents do.
- However many parents are unaware of the role they play in the development of their child’s intelligence.
TODAY WE KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE BIOLOGY OF THE MIND
- More is understood about what happens to the brain of a child as he or she grows.
- The optimum time for stimulating a child’s intelligence is before six years of age.
- The basic learning abilities are developed in pre-school years.
- As your child’s parent you are in the unique position to ensure their intelligence is stimulated
Activities for Smart Kids is a resource for parents who want to give their child a great start in life.
I can be contacted at Marilyn@activitiesforsmartkids.com
I would be delighted to hear from you.